Congressional Reform Act of 2011
1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman collects a salary while
in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social
Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the
Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the
Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American
people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional
pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in
the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective
1/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with
Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.
Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers
envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s),
then go home and back to work.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only
take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the
message. Maybe it is time.
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!!
©Copyright protected 2011: JD, NWU Local 1981
©United Press International, ©International Association of Press Photographers and Journalists Press ID # 1007490467